What We Do
LASARD partners with school districts, systems, networks, or individual schools to build their capacity to serve students with disabilities. We do this through team action planning, providing direct training, and coaching in classrooms. We provide educators with evidence-based strategies to improve the academic, social, behavior, and emotional outcomes of students with disabilities.
We teach you to support the students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
- LASARD has a 14 year track record of effectively partnering with Louisiana educators, schools, and school systems (both traditional and charter).
- Our Louisiana-based facilitators have extensive experience in providing on-site and online support to teachers, paraeducators, administrators, family members, and related service providers in educating students with disabilities.
- LASARD is a project within LSU Health Sciences Center’s Human Development Center, which is Louisiana’s federally designated University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD). This connects LASARD to other UCEDDs to stay abreast of current research and best practices nationally.
- The LASARD staff of experienced educators has mentored and supported hundreds of educators across the state to implement specialized supports to meet the unique needs of their students with disabilities from ages 3 to 22.
- Whether you are teaching students in person, online, or in a blended approach, we are prepared to provide training and coaching online or in person to meet changing needs. We have designed training and support in response to the current need for virtual learning.
- We have taken what we have learned from our success in Louisiana schools and created an array of services which can be customized to meet your individual needs and will be supported by our well-qualified staff.